Monday, July 04, 2005

i havent exactly been good and obedient but God is always blessing me, watching over me and providing for me. that's why He is my rock. no matter what happens He'll continue to be there for me, as always.

i called home and managed to speak to gran, uncles and aunts mom&dad and emerson :] i'm so glad that all is well and i hope dad's sore throat is better. he said its the durian season now and he came down with a cough and sore throat after eating too many durians. i miss durians i miss the way dad would bring us to pick out durians and how he would cut them open for us. i miss the aroma of durians in the car i miss the excitement of eating durian i miss how the fam would gather around in a circle sitting on the floor eating durian. i miss how dad would save the best ones for safekeeping in the fridge i miss how my brother would pop the entire durian in his mouth and i miss the way mum would make us all wash our hands with water from the shell. you see, for me durian is not just about the eating. it's about spending time with family. :]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



eleanor




sign the book
here


i read

gwenda
jialin
manda
lisa
sally
hngwee
yingen
addie
lynn
shuhui
nesh
sherlynn
weijia
prash
bigjem
kairui
taott
kaicooks






older